Monday 7 January 2013

Blanket storage

A good few weeks ago I started researching blanket storage on Pinterest. We have a multitude in this house as they keep jumping into my arms in charity shops! Luckily my mother in law came to the rescue with this fabulous suitcase that belonged to her mother in law.



E.D.H. are the initials of her maiden name and we think it was used on a trip to Spain in the late 1920's/early 30's. My mother in law used it for Christmas decorations but it is starting to fall apart so it was destined to go to the local amateur until I stepped in and rescued it!

If the blanket collection grows then I do have more suitcases but none with such a good story behind them :)

3 comments:

Tweed Thoughts said...

Lovely story Lynsey! Definitely something to treasure :) :)

Chantal Hanna said...

What a gorgeous case for some very goreous blankets!!! I'm a sucker for all things crochet :)

Nic said...

That is a fab case with a lovely story to it too! I am loving that black edged granny blanket too!!