Tuesday 8 May 2012

Fun in Skipton

The girls had today off school as it was a teacher inset day so we decided to make the most of pretty much everyone else being back at school and head over to Skipton!


The castle :) The 'long drop' i.e. toilet suspended above the river was a big hit as always with the girls!


Girls with a canon!

And 3 more reasons to visit Skipton - the fab little newsagent that sells a huge range of craft magazines including ones from America! Thanks to Sarah aka Ditsy Bird for pointing the way!







5 comments:

Lyn said...

we love to go to Skipton! lovelt place to visit with a castle, shops and canal too.
xxx

Twiggy said...

Oooo we love Skipton !!
Twiggy x

ClaireP said...

rather jealous of your magazine hoarde! Borders used to be good for american craft mags :(

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

Not been to Skipton in ages, but do like it :-) Has some great bookshops too, but will check out the newsagent next time I go. As ClaireP says, Borders used to be just the place to get mags nowhere else stocked.

Ditsy Bird Designs said...

my pleasure! I may have to bob in myself as that Stitch mag looks interesting. CPS didn't flick my switch as much this issue - I carried the last one around with me for days! Funny how that happens sometimes.
My father-in-law (ish...we're not married) does tours at the castle...funny man and very knowledgable so if you ever go again do ask if Barry is working.
Sarah x