Tuesday 6 December 2011

My stall in Ilkley


The overview of my stall. Everything in it's usual place but with my Swirly Specials basket off on the left. Oh and did you spy something on the wall?


That would be my new bunting! These are samples only but it is something I am going to explore more in the new year. They are paper bunting rather than fabric and it will help me to use up the quite extensive pile of damaged books I have waiting around to be used!


The top bunting is made from Peter and Jane books and has been stitched onto bias binding.


And the bottom one is regular pages with some paper buttons stuck on. This one was destined to be name bunting but my wooden letters have disappeared somewhere! It's certainly the beginning of an idea and fits the upcycled/recycled ethos of Swirlyarts which I like a lot!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I especially like the Peter and Jane bunting

Tip Top said...

OOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Sheeprustler said...

i learned to read with Peter and Jane! And funnily enough was discussing the books with my colleague this morning :)

Tweed Thoughts said...

Looks like we will both be 'bunting' in the New Year, hehe! Your stall looks great BTW :)