Tuesday 23 November 2010

Random bits and bobs

From my mind (and camera) which is here, there and everywhere at the moment!

An olive with a little hoola hoop hat on - lunches can be exciting you know! And yes I do realise that I am a sad little individual to even put a hoola hoop hat on the olive, let alone take a photograph of it!

Pink mashed potato for tea. We regularly have orange mash (with carrot) or green mash (with broccoli) but we'd never tried pink mash (beetroot juice) before. The girls liked it so that's good :) The brown bits in the mash are the skins - I never peel potatoes so the skins get mashed in with the insides.

My new toy! I got myself a proper guillotine as my last paper trimmer (a slide style one) broke in spectacular style after only cutting 100 pages. This thing has a lethal blade on it and the girls have been told in no uncertain terms that they are not to touch it. I was worried about cutting myself with it (not as easy to do as you would think) but instead I trimmed my finger with the scissors! Go figure :)

And this was my side of the front room after an enjoyable Sunday playing with my new toy and making recycled notebooks. Actually on Tuesday afternoon it is still looking a bit like this but rest assured as soon as I have typed this and hit publish I will be going to tidy it up and will not be distracted by shiny blogs!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win £25 to spend in my Folksy shop - you only have 10 hours left to enter :)

3 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I'm curious about mixing veggies in my mashed potatoes now. What a great idea!

Rochelle said...

Your new cutter looks mighty wicked. I don't think I would trust myself to use it. Hmmm.. wonder what my son and husband would think of pink mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving?

Tip Top said...

Yeah! You got one!!! Pink mash? Ah, not in my house - I'd be banished! But then again, when have you known me ever to make mash!!!!

PS Thanks for the good company on Saturday - made the day go a lot quicker!