Thursday 21 October 2010

Changed plans can be very good!

I was planning on going to meet up with other like minded crafters this morning at a local(ish) craft group I attend but then one of the mums at school said she was going to Blackburn to go and visit Primark and did I want to come along? It took me about 2 seconds to say yes! It also meant that I got back earlier than I would have done from the craft group so I have had time to get things organised for half term. Anyway, we parked in a nearby supermarket and on the way into Primark passed 3 charity shops - it's only just across the road too! Well it would have been very rude not to call in! And this is why changed plans can be a very good thing.....

I spied these boots from across the shop and knew in that instant that they just had to be mine! And so they were. Only when I got home and googled Yohji Yamamoto did I realise how much of a bargain I had got! Mr Yamamoto sell flip flops for $94!! And these beauties cost me £8.50 :) Bargain city but I would have liked them even if they were originally from Primark - I'm not a charity shopping snob!

The colour is off in the photographs - they are more lime green than in the picture but not a hideous lime green, more of a darker and more subtle lime green. And did I get anything in Primark? Of course, but that's for another day!

7 comments:

A Deegan said...

I am v. jealous of your boots - i love green footwear.

Anonymous said...

Brillant! They are great boots :D I love a charity shop find...

Cat said...

Love your new boots! I have a lovely handbag from the same designer that was also a charity shop find!

GiddyStuff said...

Fantastic boots, i'm soooo jealous!

CurlyPops said...

What a bargain! I'm loving a bit of green lately so I'm very jealous now.

Vintage from the Village said...

Bargain boots !
I am thrilled with the envelopes and tags I bought from you, they are so lovely. I have hidden them from my daughter or I would never see them again !
Best wishes
Sue x

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Snubbed for Bargain/Charity shopping! Ha ha! Glad you got some goodies and hope to see you next time :)