Tuesday 7 September 2010

I'm too tired to post anything exciting today...

...so you get to see the crap I pulled out of my washing machine coin trap tonight after my washing machine wouldn't empty. See I told you it was exciting!

L-R Top to bottom

Big ball of threads
Lion rubber (!)
Piece of red plastic from the outside of a Babybel (cheese)
A piece of wood chipping from the park
A mini ball of fluff
A label from a piece of clothing
A sticker from a pack of Liberty fabric (ahem!)
A blue piece of paper
A nail (again !!)
A 20p piece. Anya was excited about this discovery
A sew on flower
And a grape stalk wrapped up with lots of threads

Finding this little lot has led me to the conclusion that I must check pockets much more rigorously than normal and that I should make an effort to empty the coin trap before the machine packs up and I have to empty ALL the water out of the machine through a teeny tiny little hole!

Oh and I have also discovered that going to the gym makes me so tired that I write boring blog posts. I'm going again on Friday - be warned!

7 comments:

june at noon said...

Ha! Sort of interesting to see what makes its way into the wash! :)

Emily said...

Ohhh a coin trap I wonder if all washing machines have those... Never mind getting down the back of the sofa for loose change I'm heading to the washing machine to see where this coin trap thingy might be!!

WendyCarole said...

What treasures lol. At least you didn't have to pick bits of tissue off the dark wash like I had to the other week.

I don't think my washer has a coin trap

Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics said...

This is quite interesting! Are you going to make anything with your findings? :)

Tip Top said...

Hehehehehehe!!!

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

LOL - I never find anything interesting in mine, just tissues!

dropstitch said...

I enjoyed this blog post a lot. Get back to the gym immediately ;)