Saturday 13 February 2010

Remember this?

The collection of items I had for My Creative Space on the 4th Feb? Well this is what they were turned into!

Some rather cool (in my opinion!) recycled notebooks :) The top one has already sold but the bottom lady with her orange skirt is still available. She's not in a shop yet but will be soon :)

I also made this one for the same lady that ordered the first pattern notebook. It's made from reclaimed book covers and has reclaimed paper inside too. The book covers come from the charity shops I visit (one in particular) and I buy them because they are damaged in some way - some have damaged covers, some have missing pages etc. All parts of the books get used (if they aren't damaged) and I use the pages to make envelopes or gift tags and the covers become notebooks - waste not want not in this house! The reclaimed paper is from the scrapstore and can be plain paper that companies no longer need or headed paper if they have changed their details etc.

6 comments:

Petit Filoux said...

That is brilliant!! You must have one of those things to put in spirals in - very cool!!

Twiggy said...

Oooo very lovely.
twiggy x

theothermousie said...

Woah!!! Love the lady in the orange skirt!! These books you have made are so stylish - amazing! Brilliant for designers to scribble all their notes in - well done xxx

Ooh & thanks for the most amazing feedback you left for me on folksy xxx

Tweed Thoughts said...

Cooooooool! . . . and very fun - me like it!! :)

june at noon said...

Love them. They have such a unique look, very cool.

strangelord said...

You're so clever Lynsey. The pattern notebooks are inspired :-)