Monday 1 February 2010

Bit of a crafting disaster!

On Thursday or Friday (I can't remember which) I continued with a mixed media piece that has been sitting on my desk for a while. I added lots of detail and it was looking good until I decided that one part of it need a bit more definition. That was my mistake - it totally ruined the piece! I had a go at fixing it and while that looked better it was still awful! So yesterday (knowing I was going to repaint or get rid of it completely) I had a go with some silver sparkly spray which is meant to give a light glow of sparkle over your work.

It's more of a grey gloop than silver sparkle but I now know that it won't work on painted wood! So at least something worthwhile came out of the crafting disaster! Day 24 of Crafting 365.

3 comments:

Chichiboulie said...

LOL! Thank you for sharing! I'm having a bit of a crafting disaster today so know you're not alone!

Fee said...

Aww, what a nightmare! I hate it when this kind of thing happens. Keep calm and carry on! :)

Tweed Thoughts said...

Why don't you print and frame this photograph and call it 'Crafting Disaster', or something. I think it's a work of art in itself - honest!:D